I've posted a handful of links on the right side of the page. Those are just a couple of websites I use or have heard are good. Also, links to some pages from the Ragnar Relay website are posted there.
Running Ahead is my particular favorite. I track all my workouts there (not just running) and it even has a training plan feature where you can load your plan into a calendar. Pretty nice. It's free too (the website manager asks for donations and that's it).
Runners World is pretty good running magazine and the smart coach feature will help you come up with a training plan based on the distance you are training for and your past performances.
I've never used Rock My Run but I have some friends who really like it. Apparently, it helps you generate playlists for your run.
If you have any good links, let me know. I'm happy to add them to the list.
I'm actually not going to start running again until March. I started Insanity back in September but quit because Tobin was born. I promises myself I would finish it and am 20 days in to the 60 day workout. It's really hard. Not only have I not been able to keep up with this guy, none of the other people on the workout can either. It makes me feel better about failing when I watch these ridiculously fit people give up. Anyway, I would be up for some training runs in March if anyone is interested.
Right now I have to guess that I am the least fit member of this team. The last two years have been a sorry story for exercise. The good news is that I went for a run today. Yes, it is 70 degrees and pretty with interesting flora and fauna. It was a short run but movement. My story from present state to race will probably make a good movie (and not just Run Fat Boy Run). Onward.
ReplyDeleteThat's great, Regan. The frustrating thing about running is that you lose stamina so quickly when you take time off. It comes back pretty quickly too, though, if you stick with it.
DeleteRARG, I'd like to see the movie "Run Fat Boy Run," even if you're not in it...Congrats on the run! Sounds lovely!
ReplyDelete